Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Imani, the shy one??

Imani is my daughter who is fairly quiet and comes off as shy most of the time. She is very well behaved, and when meeting a new person, is pretty quiet. She is not the child that you would expect is a good performer. But she is. She does well at her piano recitals, and is pretty good at plays as well.

Today after school, she wanted to use our camera that takes short videos, and I agreed. Last week, our grandma Kathy gave us a stack of three Guidepost magazines, and I noticed last night that Imani had put them in her bedroom drawer for some reason. Well, she decided to make an infomercial for the magazine today, and it is hilarious, especially if you know Imani. It is about 3 1/2 minutes long, and I don't even know how to edit it to be shorter. So feel free to stop it after a minute or so, but I'm sure you will agree with me on what a cutie pie my daughter is.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! In two years I've never heard her talk so much!!

Cindy F.

the johnson crew said...

she is beautiful. i especially love how she was saying she was going to retire so somebody else could video tape themselves. so precious... and i love her sky diving adventure idea. LOL!

Miz Kizzle said...

She really loves those Guideposts, doesn't she? I remember being fascinated by my grandma's magazines when I was her age. She had a big collection of AARP and something called Arizona Highways and of course, Guideposts. A couple of years later I got into Reader's Digest condensed books, so much so that I used to beg my mother to buy them for me at yard sales.
That kind of reading matter is somewhat bland but it sure beats teenage vampires and space aliens and the other stuff that kids want to read about today.