Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Going to Wisc. tomorrow

I am leaving tomorrow to drive to Wisconsin to see Akila.  I will be staying in a hotel tomorrow night and Akila will stay with me.  Then on Friday morning, we will drive back to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for her 6 month staffing (mtg).  After the meeting, she will come home with me for a visit until Monday at noon.

I am really looking forward to seeing her.  Her August visit was the first weekend of August and this September is the last weekend of September so it has been a long stretch.  Her attitude has been increasing at the RTC.  She had a few weeks of whining and crying on the phone, but then school started and she has been really happy again.

We have had a very busy start to the school year.  Imani is playing on the freshmen volleyball team at our high school which is 5 or 6 days a week depending on if there is a Saturday tournament.  Zeke is doing football which is four nights a week practice and games every Saturday.  Kind of glad there is nothing Hezekiah is interested in taking in the fall.  :)

There is a ton of other stuff going on that I am going to write about soon, some really cool stuff.  But something really sad, is that Akila's county Placement Worker passed away suddenly last night.  I know he was married and had a 14 year old son.  Very sad.

2 comments:

Blessed said...

I hope your trip goes well and you and Akila have a really special time together. : )

GB's Mom said...

Traveler's mercies to you!