Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Disgusting

Last night, around 10:30 as I was cleaning up the kitchen and getting ready to go to bed, Akila came down and said she threw up. She says this a few times a month and it is usually not true. She knows the rule that she has to show "it" to an adult. I was going upstairs to see "it" and I smelled it before I saw it. For the first time in her life, she did not make it to the toilet. Aaarrrggghhh.

I should be thankful, that is pretty good for a 9 year old, and especially one who has Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome (CVS) and vomits every couple of months. The majority of our house is hardwood floors, except for our bedroom and the hallway. She lost it in the hallway. It was not a pretty sight, or smell. I got her tucked back into bed and spent over an hour trying to clean it up. It was disgusting.

So the princess is at home today, and I am waiting on her hand and foot. I am very relieved to say that this is not one of her CVS (not the store) bouts, as she has been able to keep food down today. She has a slight headache and her tummy is hurting a bit, but she is not heading for dehydration like she normally does. Thank God!!! An ER bill is not what we need now. Did I mention that we had to pay $2,100 for her meds this month? We have yucky high deductible insurance and until we meet the $3,000 deductible, we pay 100%. I am proud to say that we have met the deductible already, by January 18. Isn't that ridiculous? Don't get me started!!!!!

She is quite concerned that she won't be better by Saturday when she will perform 4 dances in the Winter Show for Dance Endeavors. I told her that I am sure she will be fine by then. I just hope this doesn't hit any of the rest of us!!

4 comments:

Torina said...

I hope Akila feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

She did eat a lot of fried chicken with me last night - shoot! I hate it when it's my fault! :)

Anonymous said...

Ewwww, poor Mom!! I do hope Akila feels better - for her sake AND yours!

the johnson crew said...

nice!

what a good mommy you are!