Thursday, February 24, 2011

7 good days

So, it is amazing how good it is to have 7 days straight of no headaches. I feel amazing. I feel like I should be doing stuff non stop as it might end any moment. I haven't mentioned, but I am babysitting a friend's 15 month old 2 days a week for 2-3 months while their day care provider is on maternity leave. It has been going well so far, and thank the Lord, I have not had a migraine on one of the days I have had him (just tension headaches, but not in last week!).

I have forgotten how much work they are at that age. Wow. I had him today. He is a super easy fun little guy and I am so thankful for that. I really enjoy him. But I know for sure that I am not interested in adopting little ones again!

This morning was interesting. Nobody swearing at me. No fights over meds. It was almost eery. We were able to sleep in a little bit even. Very strange. Tonight, I took the kids to see a movie, something we would not usually do on a school night. But they deserved something out of the ordinary. Homework was done so we went for it. It was really fun.

It has been a really nice few days of peace and I am actually looking forward to having Akila come home tomorrow. The kids and I talked about what to expect tomorrow night. I am assuming that she is going to be tightly wound, tired and extra nutty. I told them she will probably need extra mom attention and for them to be patient and to try to stay clear if necessary. Hoping the evening goes well. Re-entry is usually difficult.

No comments: