Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tough night

The girls were playing nicely all evening. Until I let Zeke go into the playroom to play with legos. Dumb me. I thought it would be fine for him to play far away from them with something totally different. Well it didn't work. As he was too loud when he looked through the lego box for a new lego with each move. Akila kept on going ballistic, and eventually lost it. Michael had her upstairs and she was raging. Imani told me that I blew it by letting Zeke go down there. I love how she basically holds our house hostage, that is how it feels sometimes.

So I went up to relieve Michael eventually, and Akila hit me. So I got her on the floor and restrained her, the response we are trying lately to deal with her hitting and kicking. 28 minutes later, she finally settled down. I could barely stand up my knees hurt so bad. I put her in bed, and went to our room to fold laundry. She came in there carrying on about something and then hit me again. I restrained her in our room for 20 minutes, and then brought her back up to bed.

I went back to folding laundry, she came back, and eventually kicked me. Restraint #3, much shorter. Put her back to bed. She cam back, kicked me again. Restraint #4, shorter, but longer than #3. She is still upstairs carrying on. I think I am out of patience. Michael is up talking to her. I think she is going to calm down. I have been called every name in the book tonight, listened to curse words, been threatened (that she is going to kill me, jab my eyes out with her earrings, etc), kicked, pinched and hit. It has been loads of fun. And people wonder why I don't look forward to the weekends.

5 comments:

Torina said...

Damn, this sucks.

dorothy said...

I can't think of anything nice to say so I won't say it...hugs will have to do. (and I am so headed to your reality with my #10.)

AKBrady said...

Way up in Alaska there is a mom who hears you and prays for some peace, at least for a little while. Oh, I hear you. Especially on the sibling thing.

Linda said...

I know what you mean by being held hostage by your kid. We had that hear until she went to residential. I'm sorry you have to feel it too.

Miz Kizzle said...

Someday she's going to hit/kick the wrong person and then she'll get the beating of a lifetime. Of course that will just make her angrier and more likely to target people who can"t/won"t fight back.
Medication might work for awhile but at some point she'll decide not to take it anymore.
It's a horrible mess and I really feel for you and your family, Akila included. She didn't ask to be the way she is. It's so sad and frankly it makes me grateful beyond words that my kids' brains function normally.