Saturday, February 7, 2009

Creative Spaces

We have an indoor pool. We live in North Minneapolis. That is weird. It is weird to have an indoor pool no matter where you live, when you're in our income bracket especially. We have not been using it for over 2 years. It is a really fun pool, it's called an Endless Pool. Michael emptied it over 2 years ago to clean, and the cleaning was just finished this fall.

We decided not to fill it again as natural gas prices are already through the roof, and to heat it would make our already high bill even higher. So it has been sitting, open, since about September. Over one of our long weekends in January, the kids were bored, so I said let's make the pool a "toy pit". We put two area rugs in it, and moved the majority of our toys into it. Here is how it looks.
I don't think my husband it too thrilled with the new use (he is worried about the liner getting ruined, but the life of the liner is up and we should buy a new one if we want to use it as a pool again). I love it!! I just throw toys into the pit when they're on the floor and make the kids clean it up once a week.

2 comments:

the johnson crew said...

that's great!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a little late commenting on this one - but that is SOO COOOL! What a perfect use! Do the kids think it's as great as I think it is?