Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring break update

Well, we have a ten day spring break. Today is day 5, the half way point. On the first day of spring break, Akila gave Zeke a bloody nose when we were driving to the Mall of America to meet my sister-in-law and nephew and niece. Lots of blood, had to pull of the highway. Initially, she didn't care and was blaming him, and when the blood kept coming, she seemed remorseful. On the way home, she hit Imani. No blood though. Poor kids.

Yesterday and then again tomorrow (Wed), I have signed her up for the release day programs at the Downtown YMCA. Yesterday, was nice and peaceful. The other three played really nicely, I got a bunch of stuff done, and Akila had a blast and wants to go back. Priceless.

Today, I brought the kids to Grand Rios Waterpark thanks to my brother Tom and his wife Paula. They gave us the best Christmas present ever for the kids two Christmas's ago, a gift card to Grand Rios. We have been saving it, and used it today. Thanks Tom and Paula! And we will be able to use it again- it was only $10 for a wrist band from 10-4, which plenty of time. We even used it for lunch. The kids were really good, and the older three and I all went down the Hurricane slide, which was freaky!!!

Thursday, Emily is coming to babysit for a few hours which will be a nice break, because on Friday, I am leaving with the four of them to go to Iowa to visit my uncles, aunt and cousins. Six hour drive. Michael can't come as this is a busy time in his accounting dept. Pray for me.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Wow, that's a long break. We have all of next week off. I'll pray for you if you pray for me! ~Kari