Thursday, March 3, 2011

Astro my toosh

I was at an event last week. I met a nice couple. Briefly mentioned my daughter and her FASD. We were interrupted as a program began. At the end of the evening, the lady came up to me and handed me her card and told me that I should call her as maybe my daughter was caught in some kind of life transition and if I knew her birthdate, location of birth and some other details of her birth, she could help her with this "transition".

I said thank you and they left. Then I looked at her card. She is an Astro-Psychologist. Does Esoteric Healing and Transitions/Life Passages Counseling as well as Spiritual Direction and Astrological Services. Can't tell you how many times I have been given strange advise like this. People have a hard time understanding brain damage. It seems pretty straight forward to me. Her brain is damaged. It sucks. Yes, there are things we can do to help. Good nutrition. Medications. Prayer is most definitely a good thing and helpful. Praying to caste out the demons. Not so much. Helping her to "make a transition" and do some "astrological aligning" also isn't going to help. I know people mean well, and their heart is in the right place. But seriously. Seriously. I am biting my tongue. That is all I am going to say. I don't bite my tongue too often.

4 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

Is that for real? Sorry I laughed at that. I work with someone who has a psychic she consults by phone. I wonder how that works--but I don't ask.

GB's Mom said...

LOL- I wonder if your psychic would agree to before and after MRIs?

dorothy said...

If it was only that easy! Snorting early morning coffee with you!

Melissa said...

I can believe a lot of things, but astro-psychology isn't one of them.

Good job biting your tongue. I wouldn't have been able to.