Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sleep Overs

It is the long MEA weekend. I'm not ready for it. I have no choice. We have two extra boys tonight for a sleepover, my nephew Isaiah, and Hezekiah's friend Noah. Lots of screaming for a bunch of boys, I'll tell you that!! Akila is in hyper-overdrive. I have her in her room watching a movie on the mini DVD player right now, as I'm trying to get them all to calm down, especially her.

Tomorrow night, Akila will have a friend sleep over and hopefully Imani will also. I will be completely worn out by Friday. Why do I do this to myself? I do not know. I loved sleep overs when I was little, I practically had one every weekend, seriously!!! But I was like an only child, my brothers were 7 and 14 years older than I, so my parents were glad to have someone for me to play with. I find sleepovers to be tiring, and very difficult with the Akila dynamic.

But wow the kids love them. And I was able to get the boys to clean the family room and their bedroom this afternoon with no whining. That is nice.

Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday. I had a nice day and my memory is acting 40. I forgot to give Akila her meds this morning. I won't forget tomorrow (especially since she will be home all day).

No comments: