Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back again

I have been lazy lately. Or something like that. I'm just going to do some bullet point updates/thoughts.

  • I don't like it when my PCA's are on vacation. :) Winter break means some of them go home, some of them go to Spain and other things like that. I miss them. A lot. I want things to get back to the new normal that we were starting to get use to. They are awesome.
  • Zeke is watching Arthur right now and asked why 4th graders can walk to the ice cream store and places like that. I said that was in a different day and age and that you can't do that in a city really.
  • Michael and I spent 2 1/2 hours on the roof of our addition on Christmas Eve day shoveling. I am just about recovered. Water was trickling down the walls. Good times.
  • I have two moms here in the Twin Cities. One, is my best friend Juli's mom. I have called her mom forever (and her dad, dad). She was hospitalized this week with kidney stones. I went to visit twice. I didn't like it. My other mom (I have claimed as my own), is Kathy, my next door neighbor. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Again. It looks like it is not the invasive kind like it was 9 years ago, but they don't know for sure until they get in there. I went with her and her real daughter to a couple of appt's this week. I hate to see her have to go through this. She is precious to me and my family.
  • The water main or pipes or whatever you call them out by the curb that lead into our house, has sprung a leak and needs to be replaced. By an underground plumber. Sounds like minimum of $3,000. Waiting to see the bids next week. Happy new year.
  • Michael and I got the Wii fit and the Biggest Loser game for Christmas (we just bought it last week). It is really hard, and a great workout. He lost 5 lbs the first week and I lost 4 lbs. Gotta keep it up. I really like it. It is very similar to the classes I take at Lifetime Fitness that I love, but I don't have to drive there, and I can yell at the instructor when I want to.
  • Akila's MA through TEFRA is still not all figured out. I just had to mail in all the insurance Explanation of Benefits from 2010 for them to decide if our insurance is cost effective. She is on the MA, they just haven't decided if they are going to reimburse us for her portion of the monthly premium. And I just had to fill out renewal forms. I want to scream, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! We haven't even gotten it all figured out, and I have to do more paperwork to renew???" Right. Makes sense.
  • Winter break was long. I think I have recovered. Today, I feel like I came out of the fog. Finally got something done. Been fighting a headache, for nearly two weeks (with about two days off). But it is gone today. And it will NOT come back.
  • We had our annual once a year sleep over. Last Thursday, we had 4 kids sleep over at our house. It went fairly well. Just can't do it often. Once a year is plenty.
  • By the way. Akila wants a family. If any of you know of a wealthy and rich family, she is looking. I have heard that each day this week. She is obsessed more than ever with material things and thinking we should go to the store every day to buy her whatever her whim of the day is. Barbie children, high heels, and Ken clothing, are her three main obsessions. I have explained, every day, that mom and dad do not have enough money to buy her all that stuff, and we will keep it on a list for her birthday or something like that. Or she can save money to buy it. Doesn't matter. She hates us, and wants a new rich family. Keep your eyes and ears open everyone.
I think that is it for now. I have thought of a million things over the last few weeks that I should blog. Should have taken notes. Happy new year everyone.

2 comments:

the johnson crew said...

wow barb, that sounds pretty horrible... the water coming down your walls, the leak in the main pipe under ground, and everything else. i am so sorry. and the m.a. business is annoying. i hate paperwork.

love you, janelle

Melissa said...

Please tell Akila if she finds a rich family, to find one for me too.

:)

Here's hoping for cheap bids on the pipe fix!