Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's not over

Well, Friday came, and I found out my relief over the birthday being over was misplaced. She had birthday money that was burning a hole in her pocket. Some friends and family send cards and money on the kids birthdays, which is totally awesome and appreciated- yet challenging with Akila (note to all of you who do this- do not feel guilty about this, it is just our life).

Akila had been obsessing about the mail all week watching for cards and possibly money. She kind of knows in her head who usually send money and she was eagerly watching for cards. I had told her we would wait until all the cards had come before she could spend her money so she could get something bigger and so we wouldn't have to go to the store each time some came. My other kids usually save the money, but Akila never can. And I usually get to the point where I just want the money to be spent so she can stop obsessing about it.

Well on Friday, she was totally obsessed and going nuts all day about the money. I finally brought her to Target and fronted her the money that she would possibly get from other cards (again people, please do not feel bad- you know who I am talking to) and she bought a Baby Al.ive doll.

Akila also had the entire neighborhood at National Night Out (last Tuesday), sing happy 13th birthday to her. She is 11.

I am pretty sure it is over now. I need an entire year to recover.

No comments: