Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tightly wound

Akila raged on Thursday night for nearly two hours, from 8-10 pm, just as we were getting ready for bed. And she raged big time. It was not fun. There must have been a rage that I once distracted her from by saying I would do her hair. Every time she is raging, she offers to stop if I will do her hair, a 2-4 hour process. Great.

Then this morning, she woke up still tightly wound. She was in a horrific mood and being very mean and nasty. I knew I had to get her out of the house. We went to the beach all day, and I am so glad we did. Some friends met us at the beach, and Akila played with their daughter the whole day.

Then I pushed the envelope even further and we went to their house for dinner. Left at 7:30, and she didn't even put up a fight. I thought today was going to be very tough, but it went great. And we needed a great day. Thank you Lord!

No comments: