Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Try again

I think I mentioned that I called Hennepin County last week to request a DD Case Worker (Dev. Delayed) and was given the run around. My intention was to call again and get a different person and hope for better assistance.

I finally got around to making that call just now and what a difference. The lady was great, took the referral over the phone, said someone would be calling me to set up a meeting, and she is mailing me the packet full of paperwork. Since I finally am through the initial hurdle of the paperwork for TEFRA, I feel I can handle a new batch. Although my house is swimming in paperwork that is totally unorganized. Something on my to do list.

This lady was very helpful, and asked me what has been going on. She had the brilliance and compassion to sympathise with me on the challenging behaviors and to say we needed to get some help. Just what I needed. I wish she could be our case worker. Crossing my fingers for someone as helpful.

It is amazing how much just being helped like that can help. Last Wednesday, (my day of crying), was actually fueled by the call I made to the county with no help received. My call to them was a bit of a cry for help and I was not helped. I am feeling better about our options lately, and am thankful for all of your prayers and support.

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

I am happy for you. I will have to see what is available in NY.