Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Back, Hopefully!








School started today, I wish you could all see the smile on my face right now. Zeke, my youngest, will start kindergarten on Thursday, so I have one more day to spend with him and then I will be alone. Last night, we went out to the Olive Garden for dinner. Out of the blue, Zeke started talking about how lonely mom is going to be and how she hates being alone in the house. I kept having him repeat it as it seemed so ludicrous to me. I have never said that and I never would. Don't get me wrong, there is a part of me that is always a bit sad to see them go off to kindergarten, but it is a very small part of me.



Most people know that I have been counting down the days til school started. Aaahhh. I made it, and we are all alive. The morning went really well, Akila in particular was quite excited to go to school, today at least. I pray that will continue as long as possible. Here is a picture of the three of them on their first day:



Zeke and I got a lot done today and went out for lunch. We got a new backpack for him which he is thoroughly excited about. I took advantage of the kids being gone and went through Akila's room which I have not really done all summer. I usually do this once a month or so, but I can't do it when she is home, it never works. We don't keep any toys in her room, but I found a lot!! And many other treasures. Ugh. Zeke helped me and he was adorable, wearing his new backpack while he vacuumed. What a cutie!!


Notice the walls in Akila's room? When we switched rooms last fall due to trying to give Akila her own room, she moved into the boys old room which had dark blue wall paper (from previous owners). I told her all year we would peal it in the summer. Here is how far we got:



Actually, we did one other wall which does not have much space, there are two doors on it. I have peeled wall paper in many rooms, and this junk is the hardest!!! I think they used super glue. I'm not sure what I was thinking that we could get a project done in the summer. It is my new fall project, for after I get the house caught up and organized from 3 months of terror.

I will end with this picture that Zeke took. Do you think he likes his new back pack?






1 comment:

the johnson crew said...

zeke is such a doll... what a sweet little helper and what a neat backpack!

i'm pumped about getting my home back into shape too now that summer is over... AAAAAHHHHHH!