Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Migraine Mania

I am on day two of a migraine. Ugh. I have gotten these stinkers for years, and a little over a year ago they started to sometimes last over a day. It use to be that I would wake up with a migraine, a few hours later start vomiting, empty my stomach out, sleep an hour or two and then it would be gone, usually by dinner (sometimes if they started in the afternoon, they would be gone by bedtime). Now, they sometimes last more than a day.

I have not been able to get rid of this one, I am getting close and it is gone enough that I can use the computer. After the kids left for school, which was not fun, I drank some water with a couple teaspoons full of cayenne pepper and laid down. I read on the Internet that this can trick your brain into sending something or other for the pain, or something like that. It actually seemed to help and the majority of the pain went away, it is just kind of in the back of my head now. I then went to the health club, sat in the hot tub and took a shower. That helped as well.

Thankfully, last night is when Angie was taking Akila out for their bi-weekly outing. My other three went to my friend DeDe's and I was very relieved.

Then there was this morning. What is amazing to me, is that the majority of the morning can go very well, and then the last 10 minutes are when we hit meltdown phase. When it was time to go to the bus, Akila comes downstairs with her old backpack full of stuff. When I asked her what was in it, she said with great attitude, "none of your beeswax." My first instinct was to smack her across the face, which I of course did not do, but the migraine was making it harder to resist, honestly. As I was trying to check out what was in her backpack, she ran to the family room door and kicked it. This is a french door like we have on our bedroom door, the one that she kicked and broke the glass on when we were on vacation. Thankfully, it did not break, but it made me break. I started yelling and lost it.

Long story short, I finally got her off to the bus stop. I followed slowly behind and when I rounded the corner, I witnessed her kicking her sister Imani a couple of times. She was in a bad mode. She also told me she was going home with Abbey to live with her. I wanted to say that would be fine by me. But I did not.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ugh. I'm sorry. We had a melt-down evening last night that carried over into a melt-down morning. I get so worn out :(

And having a migraine on top of it, I'm even more sympathetic. I hope she comes home in a better mood than she left. Sending them out the door like that makes me watch the phone with anticipation all day.