Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Working Together



On Saturday, Michael took Imani, Zeke and Hezekiah to the Farmer's Market and on a bunch of errands. Akila and I put together a dresser for her room that I bought at Ikea. It was so much fun, which is something I never thought I would say after putting something together from Ikea (what a pain!).

Akila loved putting it together, using the tools, reading the directions (which are all pictures), and working with mom. She was on a high and so was I. It probably took 2 hours to do, and she and I were both patient and pleasant. About half way through, as I was revelling in how well it was going, I realized that I was benefiting partly from her prime time after she has taken her meds, but hey, I'll take it.

We were trying to find a neighbor who could come and take a picture of us working together, but had no luck. So I took several pictures of her and she took some of me (which I will not post), and it was a pretty good day. We had a pretty good weekend, which ended with her getting her hair braided by an old student of mine. She loves to get her hair done, and is usually pretty good on these days, thank goodness.

No comments: