Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Walking the tight rope

I feel like we are so often walking the tight rope, just trying to hang on and avoid a rage. Akila was on edge last night, but we were able to avoid a major rage. It could easily have gone the other way and almost did.

The reason it almost went the other way; the DVD remote was missing. I searched and searched. Could not find it. She was getting elevated and did not like any of my other suggestions. For some reason the DVD player in our bedroom does not work unless you have the remote, a dangerous situation. She could have watched a movie downstairs or on one of our laptops, but these were not good options, "Dummy!". I suggested that we could play a game or cards. Not good options, "Dummy!".

Eventually, I finally found the remote and I almost kissed it. Major rage avoided. We did not fall off the rope last night, nor this morning. Praying that we stay on it tonight as well.

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

Praying for a quiet night for you and Akila.