Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend update

This weekend, both days, Zeke burst out crying while Akila was hitting, kicking, biting and stomping on my feet. She then gets kind of uncomfortable, and starts to call him a cry baby.  We really need things to change.  Now.  I know our social worker was on the phone with DHS (Dept. of Human Services) on Friday, so hopefully we are getting closer (having to wait for an interstate compact agreement as it looks like Akila is going to Wisc.).

We had an awesome fun day.  We went to visit my friend Julie after church and her awesome family.  You have to check out her blog if you haven't, it is the best.  If I were smart like Julie, I would have taken pictures, but I never, I mean never, think of taking the camera with.  They have a super fun house with a great backyard, so the kids had a blast.  And Julie is a great photographer and took family photos and individuals of each kid- they are gorgeous.  I will post them when I get them.

On the way there and home, Akila hit Imani while we were driving.  Imani hit her back and stood up for herself.  I'm totally fine with that, not sure if I should be, but I am.  Akila started to perseverate about the basement and thinking I had some new clothes or treasure for her down there.  It was at this point where I told her how sad it is that she keeps thinking I have something down there, and that she won't let go of this obsession.  As it always leads to a rage.  I then talked to her about Wisconsin again, and about the fact that she is going to be leaving, and that it will be within a few weeks.  

This kind of stops her a little bit, it angers her, but I was trying to tell her that I don't want this to take her by surprise so I am bringing it up again.  She honestly does not think it is going to happen.  When the time finally comes, getting her there is going to be rough.

No comments: